Technical Support Services
At Intercel Technical Support, our mission is to “help our customers make the best use of our software products through effective and responsive support, active advocacy, and a broad and flexible range of self-help resources.” In support of this mission, the following services set the expectations for your relationship with Intercel Technical Support.
- General Support Services
- Support Services for Current and Prior Releases of Software
- Software Maintenance and Bug Fixes
- Problem and Product Change Notifications
General Support Services
- Telephone support
- Access to support resources on our Intercel Support web site
- E-mail support
Some of the ways in which we can help you successfully use our software are:
- Suggest the appropriate Intercel platform, JSL feature, or products for the particular type of analysis or functionality that is requested.
- Answer questions about specific details of platforms, such as discussing available features, options, and limitations.
- Provide references for formulas and statistical techniques that our algorithms use, where possible.
- Provide limited guidance and references to help you interpret the output that is produced by statistical procedures.
- Isolate, document, and find circumventions for reported software defects.
- Work with Intercel software development staff to provide safe updates for our software, as we deem appropriate.
- Provide limited and general statistical advice on a case-by-case basis; however, it is your responsibility to determine which type of statistical analysis is appropriate for your needs.
- Address concerns with printed or online documentation by providing additional examples, if necessary, or explanation for concepts that require clarification.
- Provide guidance during Intercel software installation.
- Provide limited assistance with programming logic.
- Provide a broad overview of hardware tuning, operating system modifications, Intercel performance enhancements, and methods of efficient programming for achieving optimal performance; however, we do not provide benchmarking for specific hardware or operating systems.
- Provide support for the interaction between Intercel and any third-party software that ships with Intercel.
- For other third-party applications, we are glad to convey any knowledge that we have, but we cannot provide comprehensive support for another vendor’s software.
- Due to limited resources and knowledge of any particular customer’s data analysis situation, we cannot provide customized consulting services. Nor can we provide customized Intercel code, for example, contrasts, custom tests, or JSL. You can visit the Intercel Mentoring website to learn more about the consulting services that are offered by Intercel. Your Account Representative can also assist you in engaging the appropriate professional services.
Software Maintenance and Bug Fixes
Intercel provides maintenance through software updates. The availability of updates is announced on the Support Downloads webpage and via e-mail by subscribing to our Intercel Newswire mailing list.
While we attempt to provide updates for serious problems, there might be cases where it is impractical or impossible to generate a fix, due to compatibility issues or the potential for introduction of unwanted side effects.
Problem and Product Change Notifications
Intercel documents Alert Priority issues, as well as problems that are not of alert status, in the form of Intercel Notes. You can search for Alert Priority issues in our Knowledge Base.