Setup IPSec Tunnel between 2 UltraSAM Modems
IPSec provides a secure and reliable connection between two different LANs via the static IP address on the WAN. The connection is secured by tunneling protocol and a Pre-Shared Key (password) is provided to secure the connection.
The procedure below details the setup parameters using two UltraSAM modems.
LAN 1: First UltraSAM (GW IP: 192.168.1.1)
LAN 2: Second UltraSAM (GW IP: 192.168.2.1)
Both UltraSAMs have SIM cards with either:
- Public Static IP Address
- Private Static IP address on the SAME VPN (i.e. APN=telstra.corp)
Platform : UltraSAM3TG
FW Version: SAM-OS v1.0.3
Platform : UltraSAM4W
FW Version : SAM-OS v0.0.9
- Ensure both modems are connected to 3G/4G network by entering correct APN. Your wireless network provider should allocated public ip address for each for them.
(modem 1 with highlighted public ip address)
(modem 2 with highlighted public ip address)
- Ensure that Firewall rule is enabled on both modems. Navigate to System –> Firewall and tick “Enable” and save.
- On modem 2, navigate to Internet Settings –> LAN –> Local IP Setting and change the modem 2 Ethernet IP address to 192.168.2.1 and save.
Wait for a moment and you modem 2 will be on 192.168.2.1. Open the modem configuration web page on 192.168.2.1.
- On modem 1, navigate to Advanced Setting –> VPN –> IPSec to add IPSec. Please check the screenshot below.
- On modem 2, navigate to Advanced Setting –> VPN –> IPSec to add IPSec. Please check the screenshot below.
- Wait for 5 – 10 minutes until IPSec tunnel is established.
- You will be able to see the IPSec summary page on the status
- And you should be able to visit both modems from any computer within modem 1 or modem 2 LAN.
- Change the default modem login password to make the network secure.